Around AOTF ×

Platforms
More

Community

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Origins Zombies Guide – Free Weapons, Staffs & More

by Jonny Hercock on August 30, 2013

black-ops-apocalypse-origins

The Four Elemental Staffs

There are 4 staffs that can be made on Origins, each representing an element; Fire (Red), Wind (Purple), Ice (Blue) and Lightning (Yellow). In order to make a staff, you must find 3 pieces of it, and a colored record that corresponds to that staff. You will need to find the Gramophone and colorless record in order to open the build locations for the staff as well, which can both be found on top of, within or surrounding the Excavation Site.

Once you’ve found them, you can place the Gramophone on the table inside the Excavation site, and it will open a stairwell down to the build locations for the staffs. When you find the colored records, you will have to go to the corresponding entrance to the ‘Crazy Place’. You place the Gramophone down again, and it will open a colored portal. Step through it, and go and collect the stone relating to the color of the portal, and return back through it. Remember to pick up the Gramophone when you’re back though.

Staff of Ice

This staff is unfortunately random. It can be the easiest, or the most difficult to collect; it’s based purely on chance. There have been games where I found the 3 pieces easily, and games where I never found the third after 20+ rounds, so there’s no guarantee.

• Parts 1, 2 & 3: All found in the mounds of earth on the floor. Needs a shovel, but there are lots of shovel locations on the map, including two in the starting room and one by the church. Which mounds will have which pieces are random.
  • Record Location: It’s in the tank station by Generator 3.
  • Crazy Place Entrance: Opposite Generator 6.

Staff of Fire

This staff is collected by completing certain objectives:

• Part 1: Power up Generator 6 and a part of the staff will be rewarded by the challenge container.
  • Part 2: Kill one of the Panzer Soldats. This is the robot/zombie enemy that first spawns around wave 7 or 8.
  • Part 3: Shoot down the glowing orange plane. This step only seems to appear after already getting 1 or 2 pieces of the staff. The Plane is easy to shoot down, and will drop the final part by the Excavation Site.
  • Record Location: Top floor of the church or by Generator 6.
  • Crazy Place Entrance: Outside of the starting room.

Staff of Lightning

Quite an easy staff, all parts can be seen on the map. You have to find the tank at the back of the Church, activate it for 500 points and ride it to find them though, and you have to jump off in the right places. Part 1 is collected before the tank overheats, 2 and 3 are found on the return trip to the Church:

• Part 1: Right side, about halfway to the Tank Station. Jump onto the large wooden platform.
  • Part 2: Left side, by the Excavation site. Jump onto a small wooden platform.
  • Part 3: Right side, by the Church. Jump onto the grassy verge.
  • Record Location: Near Generator 4 and the entrance to the Crazy Place.
  • Crazy Place Entrance: Near Generator 5, just past the debris that has to be cleared.

Staff of Wind

Not very difficult, but has to be timed correctly. The three staff pieces are inside the 3 giant robots. You can get in by shooting out the panel on the bottom of a robot’s foot, and letting that foot tread on you. You’ll be teleported inside the robot, where the staff part will be easy to see. You’ll know if you can shoot the panel out because there will be yellow lights on the front of the foot. Best done with a machine gun.

• Part 1: ‘Left’ side robot, footholes are by Generator 6 and the front of the Church.
  • Part 2: ‘Middle’ side robot, footholes are either side of Generator 4.
  • Part 3: ‘Right’ side robot, footholes are at Generators 2 and 3.
  • Record Location: Near Generator 5, sometimes by the boxes or on the wall.
  • Crazy Place Entrance: Near Generator 4, the other side to Juggernog.

That concludes part 2 of my Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Origins zombies guide, stay tuned to Attack of the Fanboy for incoming Achievement Guides for the Apocalypse DLC and please leave a comment if you found it helpful or if you have any questions.

Prev2 of 2Next
Say Something
  • Kenan

I’ve gotten Double Tap in in a Perk-a-Cola.

• this girl

not on origins there is no perk a cola machine for double tap you can get it from the wonder fizz machine though.

• Spoonything

I think Kenan is confused, the wunderfiz machine prompts you to buy a random perk-a-cola or something on those lines.

• Spencer Zest Johnson

the wounderfizz is kinda like a box for perks

• jespersen

yes there is. its by generator 5

• Andrew Christian Elam

That’s actually Stamin-up.

• ChrisR

Perk-a-cola is another name for wonder fizz.

• footballallstar

hey kenan can u send me tha orgin map my player name is footballallstar

• MessyFool

The Ice Staff parts are able to be dug up only when its snowing outside.

• dyoung

The wind staff is the yellow one and lightning is purple

• Jonny Hercock

Very true, my mistake.

• west57x

For the record: if you open the reward chest and do not pick up your reward you can just open the chest again and it will still be there. So you don’t lose your perk or weapon or max ammo like mentioned above.

– west57x

• Augustu$

howdo you beat the deep sea diver when he shows up out of nowhere!!!!!?

• Jp

If you mean the zombie in the diver suit you just keep shooting him in the head.

• Spencer Zest Johnson

ray gun or ray gun mark II is the best just shoot hime with thos

• johnny

actually the pistol you start out with upgraded is better than the mark 2 raygun

• dace

Its better if yiu do it wuth the fire or elektric staff

• Bat Man

I played tranzit it’s where you serve people food

• johnny

its called a penser

• your_wrong

panzer

• TACAUDILLO

This game is awesome!!!!!!!

• tazzmania13

I played about five times built every thing including thunder punch and did all of the challenges . and still got to wave 28 :) :)

• Ellie

after i get all the staffs what do I do next?

• joe

you can either try the easter egg, upgrade them, or just try to get to high rounds

• StrikeFreedom

also if you didnt know you can just keep on digging to get the golden shovel where the shovel indicator on your screen would be, not completely sure what it does, but after you get the golden shovel you can get the golden helmet next to the shovel which allows you to be stepped on by the giant robots and not get downed. you can get this by digging, again it doesnt show up as something you dug up, it just shows up next to where the shovel indicator is next to each players points.

• Strike9

You can also get the golden boots, they let you run fast in mud. When you are in zombie blood and you have the golden shovel you can try to find an orange colored dig an if you dig that, you get a free perk slot. Then you can by another perk. Keep doing it to get all perks.

• Mystery

You’ll notice that the weather changes commonly in Origins.When it snows, you have a better chance of digging up an Ice staff part.It’s kind of a good idea to dig up objects when its snowing so you have a better chance to get them.All parts for the Ice staff get obtained this way.

• eisvis9741

I HAVE A HACK ON BLACK OPS 2 YOU JUST TAP 10 TIMES MOVING BUTTON AND YOU WILL GET 100000 ITS WORKING!

• supbro

what??

• eisvis9741

The Ice Staff parts are able to be dug up only when its snowing outside.

• John

You can also get pack-a-punch if you shoot the robot Thor in his right foot while standing under his foot you will be transported up to his head were you can find pack-a-punch

• johnny

no

• Christopher Ryals

No, that just open’s his foot and you find a wind staff piece. Freya, Thor, and Odin are there name’s. You can actually use them to your advantage if you figure out their movement patterns.

• ccc352

iv had trouble getting in the robots with the yellow light on there foot but on another note I found a neat way to kill the little robots 1 person killed 4 robots by him self but had golden ray gun …!!!

• Little Lost Boy

You dont get a golden ray gun!

• fapfapfap

you can get a free papd mgo8 by getting the maxis drone and collecting 3 coins around the map, then go to pack a punch and it will be there

• Aidan

I have recently had 3 free perks in one drink, juggernog, double tap and mule kick

• Rob Messina

, in each of the robots that walks by, each one has a wind staff part inside of him that’s how you get the wind staff you just have to find the record it’s not hard though!

• Rob Messina

for the ice staff you have to dig up the skulls when it’s snowing, if its not snowing you won’t get any parts! The record is easy!

• Rob Messina

the Lightning staff you have to go on the tank and jump to the ledge to the left, then there’s a Ledge on the right, then another wooden ledge on left then the last one is right before the church you jump to right to get all lightning parts except record which is easy to find

• Rob Messina

for the first ass all you have to do is shoot down 1 plane out of the sky in no man’s land, kill 1 mini robot guy and collect the peace, and the last piece is at generators 6 when you get it running there’s a chest that opens and gives you the peace, for the record its in a few different places but you’re find it usually it’s in the church!

• johnny

you have to shoot a glowing plane idiot

• Rob Messina

don’t forget to get the records, the main record for all the staffs, it’s usually right around the excavation point you might have to buy your way and sometimes its next to pack a punch!pick up the Gramaphone right next to the table in the cave and play it so the stairs open, do this at every staff points: it will tell you on the wall which staff it is and it take you to the crazy place!

• greg

Why Can’t I Pack A Punch

• greg

I Find Pack A Punch But I Can’t Use It Why?

• Zachary Estep

You turn on all generators before you pack-a-punch

• dyamond

What do you do when have all of the blue staff and u go in to the crazy place and you build the staff and u don’t know what to do next and u don’t explain nothing good just how you find and that is it.

• footballallstar

i need somone to send me tha orgin maps

• laxbro

it is by generator station 2 not station 3

• Christopher Ryals

If anyone need’s any help, and you play Origins on ps3, add me, Ashennx. I can run you through the entire map, showing you everything about it.

• Vinyl Scratch

Where is juggernog?

• http://batman-news.com Sylas

I played tranzit it’s where you have to serve people food

• kyler vincent

do u have to buy an another dlc to get the ray gun mark 2 or is it in the apocolypse dlc

• Cronik253

mk2 is a punched raygun

• poop

poop

• Black Op 125

Thx man I’ve been trying to get this map downed for months and this helps alot

• Black Op 125

Still memorizing discs and crazy places.

• chad

evertime I’m offline split screen and i try pick up a staff part it does not show up that i got it

• Kyle

Hello if i can, how do u finish the game on origins?

• slayer

Double tap can be given in the reward box at spawn after spending 30000 points. You can pick it up when you have 4 perks to use it as a 5th, if you die with the 5 perks then you will not be able to get the double tap again as a 5th perk ”without spending another 30000 points”
    Unless you use the shovel to dig until
    You get the golden shovel, this alows you to find glowing dig spots while in zombie blood mode which will contain empty perk bottles that add more slots so you can pick up all perks