Around AOTF ×
Platforms
More

EA’s ending services for many online games soon

Electronic Arts recently announced that it is closing down a rather large list of its online communities. Although EA noted that the EA Sports titles listed represent only 1% of all peak online players across every EA title. “EA’s objective in closing the nearly deserted servers allows the their engineering and IT staff to focus on a positive experience for the other 99% of their online players.”

News

EA’s ending services for many online games soon

by on January 5, 2011

News Xbox  EA

Electronic Arts recently announced that it is closing down a rather large list of its online communities. Although EA noted that the EA Sports titles listed represent only 1% of all peak online players across every EA title. “EA’s objective in closing the nearly deserted servers allows the their engineering and IT staff to focus on a positive experience for the other 99% of their online players.”

Most notable shutdowns, are to the Lord of the Rings games, Sims Carnival at least these were the deemed worthy of mention by the publisher.  You can check out the full news release at the link below.

Source: Electronic Arts

Mar 1, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 09 for Wii

Feb 8, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
FIFA 07 for Xbox 360
FIFA 08 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
FIFA 09 for PC, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
FIFA 09 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
FIFA Street 3 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
EA SPORTS™ FIFA Manager 10 for PC
EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Round 3 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Madden 09 for PlayStation Portable (all regions), PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
Madden 10 for PlayStation Portable (all regions), PlayStation 2 and Wii
NBA LIVE 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NBA LIVE 09 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii
NCAA® Basketball 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA® Basketball 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA® Football 07 for Xbox 360
NCAA® Football 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA® Football 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NCAA® Football 10 for PlayStation 2
NFL Head Coach 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL® 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL® 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
UEFA EURO 2008™ for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
2010 FIFA World Cup™ for PlayStation Portable and Wii
2010 FIFA World Cup™ Demo for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Jan 17, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
The Sims Carnival

Jan 11, 2011 Online Service Shutdown
The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II for Xbox 360
The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II, The Rise of the Witch-king™ for Xbox 360

Dec 31, 2010 Online Service Shutdown
The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ for PC
The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II for PC
The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II, The Rise of the Witch-king™ for PC

Previously Shut Down Online Service
Arena Football™ for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
Arena Football™: Road to Glory for PlayStation 2
Armies of Exigo™ for PC
Army of Two™ for PlayStation 3 (Asia only)
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat™ for Xbox
Burnout™ Revenge for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
Burnout™ Dominator for PlayStation Portable
Burnout™ 3: Takedown ™ for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
Def Jam® for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
EA SPORTS™ Fantasy Football 09 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Round 2 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Round 3 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable and Xbox
FIFA Soccer 2005 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
FIFA 06 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
FIFA 07 for PC, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
FIFA 08 for PC
Facebreaker™ for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
The Godfather™ The Game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent™ for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest™ for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
MVP Baseball™ 2005 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
MVP™ 07 NCAA® Baseball for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
Madden NFL 05 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
Madden NFL 06 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
Madden NFL 07 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
Madden NFL 08 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Xbox and Xbox 360
Madden NFL 09 for Xbox
Marvel Nemesis™: Rise of the Imperfects™ for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
Medal of Honor Pacific Assault™ for PC
Medal of Honor™ Rising Sun for PlayStation 2
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™ for PC
NASCAR® 05: Chase for the Cup™ for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NASCAR® 06: Total Team Control for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NASCAR® 07 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox and Xbox 360
NASCAR® 08 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NASCAR® 09 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (Europe Only)
NBA LIVE 05 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NBA LIVE 06 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
NBA LIVE 07 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
NBA LIVE 08 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable and Wii
NBA LIVE 09 for Wii (Europe only)
NBA Street (2007) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NBA Street V3 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NCAA® Football 05 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NCAA® Football 06 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NCAA® Football 07 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable and Xbox
NCAA® Football 08 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NCAA® Football 09 for PlayStation 2
NCAA® March Madness 06 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NCAA® March Madness™ 2005 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NCAA® March Madness® 07 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360
Need for Speed™ Carbon for PlayStation Portable
Need for Speed™ Most Wanted for PlayStation Portable and Xbox
Need for Speed™ ProStreet for PlayStation Portable
Need for Speed™ Underground for PlayStation 2
Need for Speed™ Underground 2 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NFL Head Coach for PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox
NFL STREET 2: Unleashed for PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NFL STREET 3 for PlayStation 2
NFL Tour for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
NHL® 2005 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NHL® 06 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
NHL® 07 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
NHL® 08 for PC
NHL® 08 for PlayStation 2
The Simpsons™ Game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 05 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 06 for PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 07 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 08 for PC, PlayStation 2 PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and Xbox 360
TimeSplitters 3: Future Perfect™ for Xbox and PlayStation 2
Total Club Manager 06 for PlayStation 2
UEFA Champions League™ 2004-2005 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox
UEFA Champions League™ 2006-2007 for PlayStation 2 and PlayStation Portable
UEFA Champions League™ 07 for PC and Xbox 360
UEFA Euro 2008™ for PC
2006 FIFA World Cup™ for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360
2010 FIFA World Cup™ for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (only Hospitality upload functionality retired)

Say Something
Related Popular EA Content