Around AOTF ×
Platforms
More
Horizon: Zero Dawn Tops Zelda in the UK Charts

The duel of highly-reviewed exclusives ended with Horizon: Zero Dawn for PlayStation 4 as the best selling game in the United Kingdom, while The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the new Nintendo Switch settled for second place. Horizon had particularly great numbers,…..

News

Horizon: Zero Dawn Tops Zelda in the UK Charts

by on March 6, 2017

Horizon: Zero Dawn

The duel of highly-reviewed exclusives ended with Horizon: Zero Dawn for PlayStation 4 as the best selling game in the United Kingdom, while The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the new Nintendo Switch settled for second place. Horizon had particularly great numbers, becoming the biggest launch for a new IP in PS4 so far.

Developed by Killzone creators Guerrilla Games, Horizon: Zero Dawn has become a revelation in the catalogue of PlayStation 4, as the glowing reviews anticipated the launch of what could be one of the new greatest PlayStation franchises. Thanks to the critics’ impressions and an excellent word of mouth effect in the public, Horizon has become the biggest new IP that has launched in PlayStation 4, beating last year’s release of No Man’s Sky, and it’s the biggest release in the console since Uncharted 4.

On the other hand, Nintendo celebrated the launch of its newest console with a new chapter of the beloved ‘The Legend of Zelda’ series. The new entry, Breath of the Wild, debuts at number 2 in the All Formats list, with Nintendo Switch’s copies representing a 78% of the total, while the other 22% represented the copies sold for Wii U. Preceded by smashing reviews that describe it as one of the best games ever created, the new entry manages to get the third biggest launch of the franchise, but it falls below from the releases of Wind Waker for Gamecube and Twilight Princess on Wii.

The newest Nintendo console also got some of its titles in the top, with 1-2 Switch charting at number 4 and Super Bomberman R at number 7.

NOTE: Updated with the full charts.

All Formats

01 (NE) HORIZON: ZERO DAWN
02 (NE)THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD
03 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V
04 (NE) 1-2 SWITCH
05 (01) FOR HONOR
06 (04) FIFA 17
07 (NE) SUPER BOMBERMAN R
08 (07) ROCKET LEAGUE
09 (05) SNIPER ELITE 4
10 (06) BATTLEFIELD 1
11 (08) CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
12 (09) RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD
13 (11) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION
14 (14) HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
15 (02) HALO WARS 2
16 (10)FORZA HORIZON 3
17 (13) OVERWATCH
18 (27) UNCHARTED 4
19 (NE) THE WALKING DEAD: THE NEW FRONTIER
20 (16) WWE 2K17

Check out the full top 40 list.

Individual Formats

01 (NE) PS4 HORIZON: ZERO DAWN
02 (NE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD
03 (NE) WIIU THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD
04  (NE) 1-2 SWITCH
05 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V
06 (NE) NSW SUPER BOMBERMAN R
07 (06) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V
08 (02) PS4 FOR HONOR
09 (08) PS4 FIFA 17
10 (03) XBO FOR HONOR
11 (09) XBO FIFA 17
12 (10) XBO MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION
13 (12) PS4 ROCKET LEAGUE
14 (05) XBO FORZA HORIZON 3
15 (01) XBO HALO WARS 2
16 (13) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
17 (07) PS4 SNIPER ELITE 4
18 (14) PS4 RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD
19 (11) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 1
20 (17) PS4 ROCKET LEAGUE

Check out the full top 40 list.

Say Something
Related Popular Horizon: Zero Dawn Content