The other day, PlayStation dropped a bomb by revealing not one but two new SKU’s for the PlayStation 4. Namely the 4K ready, PlayStation Pro. Now we have the technical specs that were provided to attendees of the reveal event in New York City.
PlayStation have put up a blog post, but have left out the complete specs. So here they are below, for fans who like to compare.
Product code – CUH-7000 series
Main processor – Single-chip custom processor
CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon based graphics engine
Memory – GDDR5 8GB
Storage size – 1TB
External dimensions – Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)
Mass – Approx. 3.3 kg
BD/DVD drive – (read only) – BD × 6 CAV, DVD × 8 CAV
Input/ Output – Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3; AUX port × 1
Networking – Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1; IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
Power – AC 100V, 50/60Hz
Power consumption – Max. 310W
Operating temperature – 5ºC – 35ºC
AV output – HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR); Digital Out (OPTICAL) port
There you go, it has double the amount of GPU, and supports premium HDMI, but sadly it still won’t play your Ultra HD 4K Blu-Rays. The PS4 Pro is set to release on November 10th.
- Stop Talking About 4K and Deal with What Actually Matters: Framerate
- Developer Calls PS4 Pro a “Half-Assed Upgrade” When Compared to Project Scorpio
- Why I Canceled My PS4 Pro and Bought an Xbox One S
- Multiplayer Games will be Framerate Locked on PS4 Pro to Avoid Player Imbalances
- There Won’t Be A PS4 Pro Elite Controller, Says Sony