The new year is just around the corner, and with it comes another month of PlayStation Plus titles. The full line-up features games across all PlayStation consoles: PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PlayStation 3.
First up we have Day of the Tentacle, which originally released by Lucas Arts way back in 1993. This graphic adventure game is the sequel to Maniac Mansion. The player takes control of a trio of friends to solve puzzles and time travel through history. Critically acclaimed for its time, this very well may be the best of the bunch. Next up, This War of Mine: The Little Ones was originally released as downloadable content for This War of Mine. Introducing new characters and the element of children to the somber story of This War of Mine, a survival game developed by 11 Bit Studios that was inspired by the Siege of Sarajevo during the Bosnian War.
The middle of this lineup is a little squishy with Blazerush, an arcade racer, The Swindle a stealth action title with middling review scores, and Azkend a game that can be played for free on a number of platforms. Titan Souls, however, which was released in 2015 and inspired by the likes of Dark Souls was a open world 2D top-down adventure game that had used interesting gameplay mechanics.
You can find the full list of PlayStation Plus January titles and which platforms they are on, below:
PlayStation Plus January Lineup
Day of the Tentacle – PS4 (PS Vita Crossbuy)
This War of Mine: The Little Ones – PS4
Blazerush – PS3
The Swindle – PS3 (PS4, PS Vita Crossbuy)
Azkend – PS Vita
Titan Souls – PS Vita (PS4 Crossbuy)
While PlayStation Plus’ lineup hasn’t been all that great in recent months, Day of the Tentacle is certainly a good look at one of the most popular games of all time. While Titan Souls will serve up an incredible challenge for those who are up for it. Don’t complain, they’re all free with your PlayStation Plus subscription all month long.
- Xbox One ‘Will Always be Behind the PS4…Because it isn’t as Powerful’ says DICE Dev
- Xbox One predicted to have made up ground on PS4 in August sales, Wii U sales jump
- Ubisoft Xbox One Game Sales Half Those of PS4, Tied with PS3 and Xbox 360
- NPD: Sony back on top with PlayStation 4 sales in January
- Sony Spends Tons More Money On PS4 Ads Than Microsoft Does For Xbox One
- PS4 Sales Impress In Q2 2014 With 3.3 Million Units Sold
- Xbox One is winning the games message
- PlayStation Now No Longer Requires PS3, PS4 or Vita, April Update Adds Five New Games
- Former Driveclub Developer Says Power Of PS4 Pro Is Being Underestimated
- Everything announced at the Sony E3 Press Conference