Sure the PS4 Pro may have just released, but what happens when in a few weeks/months when it starts to collect dust from basic usage? Maybe you just might be curious what the beast looks like inside. Well PlayStation has you covered with an official teardown video.
The video, which was first shown on the PS Blog, features Keiichi Aoki, Director of Mechanical Design taking apart the PS4 Pro. The over twelve (12) minute video has Aoki take apart the console piece by piece, while explaining the parts as he progresses. It’s actually quite educational and pretty cool to watch even if you don’t plan on taking your console apart anytime soon. Check out the video below.
When the video ends and Aoki lays out all of the components on the table showing the guts of the system, it doesn’t really seem like there is a lot in the thing. The nice thing is that you can clean the fan without voiding the warranty by simply flipping the console and propping the protective shell off. No void warranty stickers, and no screws. Either way, check out the video for yourself and let us know what you think.
- Xbox One ‘Will Always be Behind the PS4…Because it isn’t as Powerful’ says DICE Dev
- Everything announced at the Sony E3 Press Conference
- Michael Pachter Estimates Xbox One Outsold PS4 In September
- PSN Down on PlayStation 4 (Update: Account Management and Video Now Impacted)
- How the PS3 Closed the Gap on the Xbox 360
- Stop Talking About 4K and Deal with What Actually Matters: Framerate
- Sony Agrees To Settlement Over 2011 PSN Breach, You May Be Owed Something
- Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida Doesn’t Understand People Who Only Want AAA Games
- Playstation Outselling Xbox 3 To 1
- Developer Calls PS4 Pro a “Half-Assed Upgrade” When Compared to Project Scorpio