Titanfall 2 released to little fanfare back in October compared to its counterparts of Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, though it scored exceptionally well. We already told you that Respawn announced last week that they were holding a free trial weekend along with the launch of their DLC and now that time has nearly arrived.
Starting tomorrow, March 30 and running through Monday, April 3, you will be able to download a free trial of Titanfall 2.
While this free trial isn’t like some of the ones offered that give you access to the entire game, this still gives you quite a bit. You will have access to all multiplayer functions, including the new DLC, but otherwise you are only limited to the Training Gauntlet and one single player level, The Beacon.
The free trial will end on Monday, but after it is over, you will still have access to the Training Gauntlet and The Beacon as they will remain free to play in perpetuity.
Whether you are trying out Titanfall 2 for the first time through the free trial this weekend or already won the game, the new free DLC will also launch tomorrow as well. This includes the return of an old map known as Colony, as well as an R-101 gun outfitted with an ACOG scope. In addition, there will also be one new execution for free, which is the Curb Check.
For those that want some new cosmetic items, there will also be some paid DLC involving those. However, all the actual gameplay related stuff is completely free here, which is a great thing about Titanfall 2.
Hopefully having a free trial like this can help Titanfall 2 like it did Rainbow Six Siege last year. It may have had a lesser launched than hoped, but maybe it can pick up some legs here.
- Titanfall’s Xbox Exclusivity was Necessary but it Limited the Market says Zampella
- Could Titanfall 2 Be A Timed Exclusive For Xbox One?
- EA believes Titanfall on PlayStation is a “huge positive”
- NPD: Titanfall 2 Sales Are Less Than WWE 2K17 And Skyrim Remaster
- Respawn Explains Why Titanfall 2 Is Coming To The PS4 Console
- EA Access & Origin Access Will Not Allow Early Entry To Titanfall 2
- Titanfall 2 Will Run And Look Better On PS4 Pro
- Titanfall 2’s Release Date Was “Locked In A Long Time Ago” And “There Was No Changing It”
- Titanfall 2 Won’t Fit On Nintendo Switch, Says Respawn
- Titanfall 2 Gets Massive Changes Due to Technical Test Feedback