The latest patch for Hi-Rez Studios’ free-to-play hero shooter, Paladins has been detailed and with it will come some interesting additions and changes to the game. From the release to Paladins’ 23rd champion, Inara “The Stone Warden” to new skins for both Androxus and Tyra to the usual character balances such as Maeve getting hit pretty hard in terms of nerfs.
The biggest addition without a doubt to the game in the OB 45 patch is none other than the inclusion of Inara, The Stone Warden who’s set to be fall under the front line class. Below you’ll find everything you need about the latest champion including a closer look at Inara thanks to Raynday:
Inara, The Stone Warden:
- Stone Spear: Fire a burst of 3 projectiles dealing 225 damage each over 0.4 seconds, every 1 second.
- Earthen Guard: Enter a defensive state that lasts 5s where you and your deployables take 30% reduced damage.
- Impasse: Deploy a wall that grows out of the ground and lasts 5s.
- Seismic Crash:Throw your spear, passing through shields and stunning any enemies within 40 units of its impact for 2s. (Ultimate)
- Warder’s Field: Place a stone obelisk that pulses which slow enemies for 60% and deals 150 damage per second.
Of course the inclusion of Inara isn’t the only thing that’s new in the OB 45 patch, as both Androxus and Tyra are set to receive new skins. With Androxus’ new cosmetic items being available for direct purchase and Tyra’s new items being available in the Colossal chest.
View the skins below:
As with every Paladins patch to go live, you can also expect a round of balance changes to make it’s way and OB 45 is no different. To view the changes feel free to check out the official patch notes here. However, there’s one character that got hit pretty hard and that’s none other than Maeve one of the more recent additions to the game:
- Nine Lives
- No longer heals Maeve by default.
- Reduced damage from 600 to 500.
- Range reduced from 70 to 50.
- Fixed an issue with Maeve able to cast twice.
- Reduced Movement Speed from 80 to 65%.
- Increased Cooldown from 9 to 12s.
- Artful Dodger
- Nine lives now also heals Maeve for 500 in addition to cleansing debuffs.
- Patch Up
- Description updated to indicate that Nine Lives no longer heals by default.
- Patch Up
Additionally, with the reveal of the OB 45 patch this also means that dataminers have also discovered what’s next so to speak for Paladins. Such as the next few champions are hinted to being a lawman prototype, oracle prototype and an lex prototype. Not much else is known from the upcoming three champions aside from possible names such as the lawman possibly being named “Zenith”.
The dataminers have also discovered the next couple of cosmetic items which is said to be the following:
- Fernando – Mecha
- Kinessa – Space Hunter
- MalDamba – Victorian
- Makoa – Volcanic
- Sha Lin – Burrito
- Fernando – Stealthnando
The OB 45 patch is expected to hit the PC platform early next week, with the console version of the game getting the patch at a much later date since the game is still in a closed alpha state.