As Bungie gets further and further away from the Halo franchise, expecting fans have been waiting for news out of the developer about what’s next. As anxiety builds for these fans, Bungie has kept quiet with rumors swirling about what the developer of Halo might be getting into next. While the development process for their top secret project has been kept secret, Activision did reveal a vague bit of information in the quarterly conference call about the new game.
“We continue to lay the foundation for our new universe from Bungie, one of the world’s best developers,” Activision told investors in the financial briefing. “Bungie continues to make incredible progress on what we expect to be a genre-defining new IP that will provide us with tremendous new opportunities, and which remains one of our key strategic growth pillars for the future.”
Admittedly, this doesn’t tell us much at all about what to expect from Bungie in the future. Rumors have suggested that the company is making an MMO of some sort, but nothing has been confirmed at this point. A developer diary from Bungie that was released last summer showed some more vague hints at what the developer is creating, and you can find that below.
- Destiny Season Pass Holders Get The ‘White Glove Treatment’ With The Taken King
- Bungie not playing favorites when it comes to Destiny on Xbox One
- Destiny Beta PS4 vs Xbox One Graphics Comparison Screenshots
- Destiny Beta PS4 vs PS3 Graphics Comparison Screenshots Show Differences
- Update: A Reminder That Destiny Is An Always Online Game
- Bungie’s next game will be Xbox exclusive, details uncovered in legal documents
- Bungie Responds To Critical Feedback Of Destiny
- Bungie Apologizes – Destiny: The Taken King CE Exclusives Available in Stand-Alone DLC, Announce VIP Rewards
- Destiny Patch Incoming
- Destiny to see visual upgrade on Xbox One with new SDK