2K Games has announced an Evolve tournament taking place via ESL dubbed ‘Proving Grounds’ that is set to dish out a hefty prize to the winners and conclude the week of E3 2015 in Los Angels.
The Evolve tournament will be played exclusively on Xbox One and will have teams from all around the world participate in a tournament with a $100,000 prize pool. The global finals for the tournament will take place in Los Angeles during the week of June 15th and the winning team will take home $62,500. For official rules and participation info check out the FAQ. The semi-finals and finals will be broadcast live via Twitch. Check out the pool breakdown below.
Player Pool and Qualifying Rounds
- The Proving Grounds Tournament player pool is comprised of two regions: North America and Europe;
- Players from the United States, Canada and Mexico will compete for a trip to the North American Semifinals in Burbank, Calif.;
- Players from all other eligible countries* will compete for a trip to the European Semifinals in Cologne, Germany;
- Four winning teams from each region will be determined at the conclusion of the four weekly Qualifying Rounds:
- Each Qualifying Round is open to 128 teams per region, with each team consisting of five players;
- The Qualifying Rounds will take place across four consecutive Sundays in 2015: April 26, May 3, May 10 and May 17;
- Teams may participate in multiple Qualifying Rounds;
- The Qualifying Rounds will incorporate the following prize structure, provided by 2K:
- Winning teams from each Qualifying Round will receive $100;
- Second place teams from each Qualifying Round will win $50;
- The top four teams from each region at the conclusion of the Qualifying Rounds will receive a trip to their respective Semifinals.
- The four winning European Region teams from the Qualifying Rounds will receive a trip to attend the European Semifinals at ESL’s Cologne, Germany studio on May 24, 2015;
- The four winning North American Region teams from the Qualifying Rounds will receive a trip to attend the North American Semifinals at ESL’s Burbank, Calif. studio on May 31, 2015;
- The European and North American Semifinals will be broadcast live on Twitch.
- The Regional Semifinals will incorporate the following prize structure, provided by 2K and Microsoft:
- The top two teams from each Regional Semifinal will receive $2,500 and a trip to Los Angeles for the Proving Grounds Tournament Global Finale;
- The third place team at each Regional Final will receive $1,500;
- The fourth place team at each Regional Final will win $1,000;
- Additional prizing to be provided by Microsoft.
- The top two teams from each Regional Semifinals tournament will travel to Los Angeles for the Proving Grounds Tournament Global Finale the week of June 15, 2015;
- Teams will compete in front of a live studio audience; the finals will also be broadcast live on Twitch
- Teams will play for a piece of the Global Finale’s $100,000 prize pool, provided by 2K:
- The winning Proving Grounds Tournament team will win $62,500;
- The second place team will win $20,000;
- The third place team will earn $12,500;
- The fourth place team will receive $5,000.
It’s pretty cool that Evolve is getting a tournament, but it is odd that is Xbox One only. Either way, good luck to those looking to participate.