Minecraft 1.2 Released
Mojang has just introduced a whole slew of new features for Minecraft in update 1.2. The announced features of jungle biome, ocelots, cats, iron golems and more can be found in the latest update for the game. For the full list of new inclusions you can journey over to the Mojang website, check out the list below, or watch the rather amusing trailer below.
The trailer shows off all of the new inclusion in an epic line of defense battle where an inbound zombie assault is fended off utilizing the new features found in the update.
Mojang has also updated the Minecraft launcher to properly detect 64 bit Java installations for Max OS X users.
- New jungle biome
- Added ocelots
- Added cats
- Added iron golems
- New AI for mobs
- Tame wolves can have puppies
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128)
- New items and blocks
- Doors have been updated so that double-doors work better with redstone
- Added rare drops for mobs
- Many other minor tweaks and fixes