Last month’s NPD numbers for the PlayStation 3 were once again great for the company who saw double digit growth in both system sales and software sales. SCEA believes that brand awareness is still increasing with the PlayStation 3, and couple with lower price point for the console, they are in great shape for another good holiday season.
The company cited good sales for Resistance 3 to help spur on first party game sales on the console, and noted others that are on the way for the PS3. Uncharted 3, Everybody Dance, and Ratchet and Clank are believed to be the catalyst for momentum this holiday.
While Sony didn’t release official numbers as has become standard practice for the company. These statements were made by Sony’s Sr. Director of Communication at SCEA, Patrick Seybold.
- Xbox One ‘Will Always be Behind the PS4…Because it isn’t as Powerful’ says DICE Dev
- Everything announced at the Sony E3 Press Conference
- Michael Pachter Estimates Xbox One Outsold PS4 In September
- PSN Down on PlayStation 4 (Update: Account Management and Video Now Impacted)
- How the PS3 Closed the Gap on the Xbox 360