Firaxis is currently working on the multiplatform, Sid Meier’s Starships but they are looking to put out an update for Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, that will be able to link the titles as well as fix any bugs that remain in the core game.
In a news post put up earlier today on the Civilization website, the developers cited their reasons for putting out a new patch; it is to further balance and improve the title as well as laying the groundwork for integration with the upcoming Sid Meier’s Starships. Besides bug fixes and improvements, the new update will give uses access to a new map dubbed the Glacier planet. It also adds “Incoming Transmission” to the main menu which gives users key info about future updates and improvements. Check out below for a list of some of the updates the patch will add.
– Added support for Simplified Chinese
– Domination victory is now won by controlling all original player capitals including your own.
– Veterancy Promotions: All combat boost promotions add +10% strength
– Veterancy Promotions: All unit heal promotions starting at level 4 heal 75 hp
– Veterancy Promotions: Adding level 5 and 6 unit veterancy promotions to work with Precog Project
– Virtues: Replaced Applied Aesthetics virtue with Applied Metasociology virtue – City Intrigue decreases faster when an Agent is present
– Virtues: Settler Clans virtue now gives +1 population in new cities
– Trade Routes: Trade route slots now primarily unlocked based on city population. Trade Depot allows building trade routes and gives 1 slot, all others unlock at population thresholds
– Trade Routes: Added option to auto-renew Trade Routes
– Covert Ops: Lowered intrigue level required for affinity covert ops
– Friendly aliens no longer prevent city citizens from working plots
– Added tech filters for Units and Orbital categories
– Victory progress tooltips show explicit status of quest objectives
– Re-enabling yield for canyon plots (2 production, not improvable)
– Added “Incoming Transmission” on main menu for in-game messaging
More update details can be found on the official site. Users can look to take advantage of the Sid Meier’s Starships integrations when the game releases in spring of 2015.