The PlayStation Network has been brought to its knees by recent attacks on the online gaming network. Sony has finally issued a statement regarding the network downtime, and it appears that the PSN has been breached by an unknown attacker.
“An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services. In order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services going forward, we turned off PlayStation Network & Qriocity services on the evening of Wednesday, April 20th,” Sony explained on the PlayStation blog.
“Providing quality entertainment services to our customers and partners is our utmost priority. We are doing all we can to resolve this situation quickly, and we once again thank you for your patience. We will continue to update you promptly as we have additional information to share.”
Millions likely looking forward to playing their recently purchased titles like Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat will likely be left out in the cold this weekend as Sony scrambles to get the network back to operational form.
- PSN Status Offline During Super Bowl [Update]
- Sony offering free PS Plus extension and discount on PlayStation Store for Christmas PSN outage
- Update (It’s Back Online) : PSN Seems To Be Down Again
- PSN Down on PlayStation 4 (Update: Account Management and Video Now Impacted)
- PSN Status Still Down, Xbox Live Patchy At The Moment