Wii U update goes live, speeds up system significantly
One of the major problems that the Wii U launched with was a user interface that was undeniably slow. Just performing the most basic tasks took plenty of time, but Nintendo has finally fixed the problem somewhat.
The latest Wii U update to arrive has noticably increased the load times for the console, added the addition of background downloading, and other caveats dealing with the system’s menus. Similar to the functionality on Xbox Live and PSN, the Wii U can download in the background, even when the power is turned off on the console.
“Wii U continues to grow and evolve with new features that make it a better experience for everyone,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s president and COO. “Now owners can navigate to their favorite games and services even faster, or play some of their favorite classic games.”
Here’s what the system update delivers:
- The time required to start the Wii U console, launch built-in applications, exit software and return to the main menu, jump between applications, and jump between software and Miiverse has been reduced.
- While the Wii U logo is being displayed during the system startup, users can directly transition to the Wii Menu by holding down the B Button on the Wii U GamePad.
- Users can install games and applications from the Nintendo eShop in the background while other software is being used.
- When powering off during a download, Wii U will go into a standby mode, then power off when all downloads and installations are complete.
- Users can transfer and copy data between two USB storage devices in Data Management. This allows users the opportunity to upgrade or replace a current USB storage device that is connected to the Wii U Console.
- Users can control the priority of their downloads when downloading multiple items at once.
- Improved account selection when powering on the system now displays Nintendo Network IDs to clearly distinguish accounts.
- TV screen size output can now be adjusted in the System Settings.
- An Undo/Redo button was added to the Miiverse drawing input screen.
Wii U’s Miiverse may be on its way out, according to Datamined Wii U update
The Wii U's beloved Miiverse service might be hanging on by a thread, according to a datamined Wii U update. Rest in Piece, Miiverse.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild E3 Trailer Shows Expansion Pass Content
Nintendo has presented a new trailer of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild showcasing the contents of the two DLC packs coming this year.
Darksiders Warmastered Edition Still Coming To Wii U; Release Date Revealed
The likelihood of Darksiders Warmastered Edition coming to Wii U wasn't looking good, but now the developer has revealed that it's still happening.
Switch Version of Breath Of The Wild Comes Without Install Times
The physical version of the Nintendo Switch's biggest launch title, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, will not require an install before playing.
Wii U’s Project Giant Robot Officially Canceled
It had been a long time since we heard anything regarding Project Giant Robot, and now Nintendo has confirmed that it has been canceled.