The highly touted entertainment options that were said to be launching with the new Xbox dashboard were sorely missed when the update went live last week. Fortunately, the first wave of new apps has hit the console and includes many of the popular features described earlier. Depending on what region you reside in, the next time you fire up your Xbox 360 you may have access to a number of new entertainment options on the console.
The features do require that you are an Xbox Live Gold subscriber to access, and below you’ll find the regional breakdown for the new releases.
New Apps on the Xbox 360 Dashboard
- YouTube – available now in 24 countries
- Verizon FiOS TV – United States
- iHeartRadio – United States
- MSNBC – United States
- TMZ – United States,Canada
- Blinkbox – United Kingdom
- MSN Video – Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom
- MUZU.TV – Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweeden
- Rogers on Demand – Canada
- SBS on Demand – Australia
- RTVE – Spain
There’s no update required to access the new content, but for applications like YouTube, you’ll need to download the application when trying to use it for the first time. For full functionality, you may need to also link an application to an existing account to reap the full benefits.
- This article was updated on:December 4th, 2017