Zynga (Nasdaq:ZNGA), the world’s leading provider of social game services, today announced the global launch of Draw Something 2, a new social mobile game from the team that brought the world the original Draw Something. The new Draw Something 2 is social at its core, introducing a live feed where players can share, ‘like’ or comment on drawings, and follow friends, artists and celebrities. Draw Something 2 introduces new ways to play and draw, featuring a collection of new drawing tools to inspire players of all levels — from stick-figure doodlers to bona fide artists — to express themselves with new patterns, textures and colors. Draw Something 2 is available today on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and coming soon to Google Play.
The original Draw Something, played by over 100 million people worldwide, captured the imagination of players with its turn-based gameplay and sense of humor. Draw Something 2 is a completely re-imagined take on the original that brings players an entirely new social experience and new dimensions of play. Draw Something 2 has something for everyone, from players who like to draw to those who prefer to guess as well as those who just like to check out the art for a little inspiration. The game introduces Daily Draw and Daily Guess as well as a Free Draw option, which provides artists the freedom to draw whatever inspires them.
“Draw Something 2 is a new kind of experience that blurs the line between games and social apps, yet it builds on the magic that made the original one of the most popular mobile game franchises in the world,” said Travis Boatman, senior vice president of mobile at Zynga. “Draw Something 2 gives people a creative way to connect with friends by drawing, sharing and checking out the feed. We couldn’t be more proud of the New York mobile team that crafted the game.”
Draw Something 2 offers a broad new palette of features including:
- Live Social Feed – Follow friends, celebrities and discover new artists, there’s always something new, funny and inspiring to check out. Join in the conversation by liking or commenting on drawings. And tap on the drawings to watch an instant replay of how they were created.
- Your Own Gallery – Keep a collection of all of your creations in one place and check out galleries from your favorite artists, celebrities and friends.
- New Drawing Tools – Limitless creativity at your fingertips with new textures and patterns like zebra, plaid and camouflage, and new tools like the 8-bit pixel pen, sparkle pen, stamps, highlighter, crayon and more. Plus, choose from over 100 vibrant colors.
- Free Draw – Feeling truly creative? Try out the new tools and colors to draw anything your heart desires, and share your amazing talents with the community or via email, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- New Ways to Play – Whether you like to draw or guess Draw Something 2 lets you play the way you want and rewards you for it — earn coins for playing the Daily Guess and Daily Draw.
- Tons of New Words – With thousands of new words and phrases, there are plenty of options to draw notable people or things and stay current on pop culture trends.
Draw Something 2 is currently available in six languages, including: Swedish, Spanish, German, French, Brazilian Portuguese and English.
Draw Something was the largest social mobile game of 2012 with over 10 billion drawings made. The game quickly became the number one game in 84 countries and is still played each day by millions. It made Apple’s ‘2012 Best Of’ list as the number three paid and fee app, behind only Facebook and YouTube.