Earlier this week Nintendo revealed that the development of Smash Bros. on the Wii U is coming along nicely, but we didn’t get any other information other than that. Satoru Iwata told us that we’re gonna have to wait until E3 to get the goods on the next Smash Bros. game, and Sakurai can’t wait for that day to arrive.
Two versions of the new Smash Bros. game will arrive at a later date. Both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS handheld will see versions of the brawler, and both will be at E3 2013.
Sakurai informed his fans via Twitter: “Wii U and 3DS versions – I would like to show you both. Other games have had visuals shown, but you still have to wait for Smash Bros. But we’ll be able to release something better.”
Fans have had a long wait between Smash Bros. titles, and Sakurai also acknowledged this downtime for the franchise in his statement to faithful followers of the Smash Bros franchise.
- Xbox One predicted to have made up ground on PS4 in August sales, Wii U sales jump
- NPD: Sony back on top with PlayStation 4 sales in January
- Analyst Predicts Lifetime Sales For PS4, Xbox One And Wii U
- Gamers Choose PS4 Over Xbox One Because Of Resolution, While Wii U Adds Fun Factor
- Minecraft Creator Mocks The Nintendo Wii U Console
- Xbox One Still Behind PS4 And Wii U In France
- The Nintendo Wii U And New 3DS Outsell The PS4 During Christmas Week In Japan
- Analyst Thinks PS4, Wii U And Xbox One Will Be The Last Ever Consoles
- PS4 Lifetime Sales Overtake Wii U In Japan; Xbox One A Very Distant Third
- PS4 leads next-gen sales for 6th consecutive month via NPD