Call of Duty: Modern Warfare‘s 2v2 Gunfight mode can already get pretty competitive, but now the stakes are even higher in the new Gunfight Tournament. A few other changes came with today’s update, like the ability to play Gun Game with a party of up to four, but the Gunfight Tournament is easily the most significant addition.
What is the Gunfight Tournament?
16 teams compete in a single-elimination bracket and whoever emerges victorious will earn unique rewards. Every gunfight map is available in the tournament, so make sure you know the layouts of gunfight favorites like Gulag Showers and Speedball before you register for a tournament. Players who make it to the preliminaries, quarter-finals, and semi-finals will receive new calling cards and charms as well as XP, but the real reward of the Gunfight Tournament mode is an exclusive Desert Eagle blueprint. This Desert Eagle is adorned with various engravings and it cannot be earned anywhere else.
Thankfully, you can just jump into a new tournament if you lose, so you have as many attempts as you need to score that sweet Deagle. The Gunfight Tournament mode is still in beta and is only available for a limited time, although Activision didn’t specify how long it would be in the game. For more details and tips about the Gunfight Tournament mode, check out Activision’s new blog post. As for other new additions and changes, you can check out the full list of Modern Warfare patch notes below:
- Allowing up to 4-player parties in Gun Game
- Moving FFA to the Filter menu
- Fixing join in progress for FFA to prevent finding late-progress matches
- Turning off spawn cameras for Headquarters and Hardpoint
- Removed infils for both teams when loading into Piccadilly, Search and Destroy
- Fix for a bug where the thermal optic on the PP19 Bizon would appear white while ADS
- Fix for the E.O.D. perk not allowing players to hack claymores in FFA
- Fix for various boosting and out of bounds exploits
- Fix for laser sights becoming misaligned on the P90 and MP5
- Special Operations: Minor adjustment to difficulty
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
- This article was updated on:November 26th, 2019