Dance Central: Spotlight is set to be the first next-gen release by Harmonix and the first next-gen entry to the franchise that made a name for itself on the Xbox 360 with the Kinect. Spotlight is set to be the franchises first download-only release.
It seems the model for Dance Central: Spotlight which is more akin to Rock Band: Blitz hints that the game is simply an off-shoot and might not be a direct prequel/sequel to the main franchise. The title will be downloadable for $9.99 and will come bundled with ten (10) songs. The full list of songs shows some diversity with titles like Avicii’s ‘Wake Me Up’ and Lorde’s ‘Royals’. There are also a few highly popular songs with Pharrell’s ‘Happy’ and David Guetta’s ‘Titanium’.
- Avicii – “Wake Me Up”
- Cher Lloyd – “I Wish”
- David Guetta ft. Sia “Titanium”
- Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz – “Talk Dirty”
- Kid Ink ft. Chris Brown – “Show Me”
- Lorde – “Royals”
- OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
- Pharrell Williams – “Happy”
- Rihanna – “Diamonds”
- will.i.am ft. Justin Bieber – “#thatPOWER”
So far only a few launch tracks that will be available to purchase/download separately have been confirmed. There will be a total of 50 songs available for download along with the release of the game. Also previously downloaded content for previous Dance Central games will be compatible with Dance Central: Spotlight. Below are the confirmed DLC tracks for Spotlight.
- The B-52’s – “Love Shack”
- Capital Cities – “Safe and Sound”
- Emeli Sandé – “Next To Me”
- Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX – “I Love It”
- Lana Del Rey – “Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix)”
Dance Central: Spotlight is set to release exclusively on Xbox One on September 2nd for $9.99. It is set to release on Xbox 360 at a later date.