Those that have pre-installed The Division on their may have already noticed the game receive an update. Ubisoft confirmed a day one patch for its PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC online shooter that fixes a number of issues discovered during the open beta. This includes the annoying Deployable Turret quirk in the Dark Zone.
The Division 1.01 patch not only fixes bugs, but comes with some visual improvements to the game as well. Car window reflections have been improved along with night time lighting and contrast to help players distinguish objects better.
From a gameplay perspective, new tutorials were added which can be switched on and off through The Division’s options menu. More notably, the Deployable Turret will no longer target non-rogue players in the Dark Zone. Additionally, it will not damage neutral players who happen to stray into bullets fired by the turret.
More exploits discovered during The Division open beta were addressed as well. Counters to players turning invisible and shooting through walls have all been added with this patch.
You can check out the full details of The Division 1.01 patch below.
APPEARANCE MENU HAS BEEN UPDATED:
- Now displays as a grid making it much easier to browse items
- “Outfit Sets” option added to quickly equip all the items in a set
- “Inspect” feature added
- Fixed several lights that did not cast global illumination
- Fixed missing volumetric lights on traffic lights
- Illuminated signs now cast actual light
- Improved atmospheric haze in several time and weather combinations
- Improved night time lighting and contrast
- Adjusted exaggerated rim light shader on characters
- Improved car window reflections
- Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) to be more pronounced
MEGA MAP AND OPEN WORLD UPDATES:
- New “Mission Overview” has been added to the Mega Map
- Contaminated zones will now display the required filter level on the Mega Map
- Field data with audio will automatically play when you pick them up
- If you start listening to field data with audio from the menu, you can keep listening outside the menu
- Subtitles added for all Field Data that play audio
- Mission entrance menu usability has been improved
- Significantly increased the number of crafting materials obtained from loot crates
- The icon for landmarks in the Dark Zone has been changed and now indicates if non-player enemies are present or not
- New “Help” menu is now available in the Settings menu. It stores all the loading screen and context sensitive tips
- New tutorials added for certain gameplay features and mechanics (these can be switched off in the Options menu)
- Added information to the in-game loot pickup UI that displays why an item can’t be picked up
- The deployable turret no longer targets non-rogue players and doesn’t damage neutral players caught in the line of fire
- Skill modifiers have been added directly to gear (previously only available on gear mods)
FIXES AND GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS:
- Fixed glitches that could be exploited by players to gain an unfair advantage in the game (such as invisibility, shooting through walls, etc).
- Extended server-side checks to detect any illegal actions from the game client, limit their impact in the game and track down the perpetrators.
- Fixed an issue on character select screen that resulted in getting stuck with a specific combination of inputs
- Fixed a progression blocking issue caused by accepting a group invite at a specific moment during the Base of Operations unlock sequence
- Players will no longer return all the way back to start screen after creating or logging in to their Ubisoft Club account
- Fixed remaining bugs that prevented log-in attempts when non-essential services were offline
- Overall stability increased
- Further backend improvements and optimizations
- Localization adjustments and bug fixes
- Additional minor bug fixes and polish
[Image via The Division]
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018