A whole batch of possible announcements for E3 2018 may have just been leaked by an unlikely entity: Wal-Mart Canada.
As Twitter user @Wario64 revealed in a tweet, a slew of new listings for titles both announced and unannounced have appeared on the retailer’s website. Here is the full list and links for each:
- Assassin’s Creed (PS4, Xbox One) – Xbox One version misspelled as “Assasins.”
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Borderlands 3 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Destiny Comet (PS4, Xbox One)
- Dragon Quest 2 (PS4, Xbox One) – Dragon Quest Builders 2?
- Dreams (PS4)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4, Xbox One)
- Forza Horizon 5 (Xbox One)
- Gears of War 5 (Xbox One)
- Insurgency: Sandstorm (PS4, Xbox One)
- Just Cause 4 (PS4, Xbox One)
- The Last of Us 2 (PS4)
- LEGO DC Villains (PS4, Xbox One)
- Metroid Prime 4 (Switch)
- NBA 2K19 (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
- Rage 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- Splinter Cell (PS4, Xbox One)
- Super Smash Bros. (Switch)
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- WWE 2K19 (PS4, Xbox One)
Obviously, all of this counts as a rumor since none of these have received formal confirmations yet, but not many of these titles are particularly eyebrow-raising. In fact, some are already confirmed to appear at E3 this year, such as Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. For example, we already know about Assassin’s Creed, Borderlands 3, Gears of War 5, Metroid Prime 4 and Super Smash Bros., it’s just that we haven’t seen many (if any) materials related to them. Meanwhile, we’ve actually seen materials for games like The Last of Us 2 and Final Fantasy VII Remake. And then there’s the likes of WWE 2K19 and NBA 2K19 which were as guaranteed as the sun coming up.
The only title included here which should give pause is Forza Horizon 5, since the fourth one isn’t out yet (though chances are its just a misspelling like with Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Lego DC Villains).
In any event, it looks like fans will have a lot to look forward to this E3 2018, though this leak does somewhat mitigate the excitement they would have had otherwise (assuming its actually real).