People Can Fly has been confirmed to be working on the next installment of the Gears of War franchise. Revealed just recently via Gameinformer, not much is known about this next Gears of War title. Both Epic and Gameinformer are mum on the details, and we’ll have to wait until Monday morning when Microsoft unveils the next title at their pre-E3 press conference.
Looking to the past though, this isn’t the first time People Can Fly have been linked to the Gears of War series. Back in November 2011, OXM predicted that the Polish studio would begin work on a brand new prequel trilogy for the franchise.
Whether or not this turns out to be the case or not, we’ll find out soon enough. But Epic’s Mike Capps took to Twitter to emphatically confirm the studio’s involvement in the title. Do I detect People Can Fly involvement? “YES YES YES,” said Capps. This wouldn’t be entirely new territory for People Can Fly. They’re the developers that brought the original port of Gears of War to PC some years back.
Stay tuned to Microsoft’s Press Event on Monday for more details on the Gears of War franchise.
- Xbox One to have ‘Greatest Games Lineup Anywhere’ in 2016
- Gears of War Series Among Most Played Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games
- Gears of War will release on Xbox One, Microsoft buys franchise
- Xbox Live Games with Gold in December
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Comes with Every Gears Game for Free via Xbox One Backwards Compatibility