343 has just announced a two-week multiplayer preview for Halo Infinite ahead of the game’s launch that will include PvP matches and new game modes. The primary goal of this Multiplayer Test according to the new Halo Waypoint Blog will be to test out servers at an even larger scale than the previous July technical preview. The Multiplayer Test will also aim for more feedback from the player and for more bug reports so that the development team at 343 could smooth out the game ahead of launch.
343 have already started sending the invites for the new Halo Infinite Multiplayer Preview, and it will be available to all eligible Halo Insiders with complete profiles. Halo Insiders should check out their emails and look out for an invite from Halo Waypoint, alternatively, log into the Halo Waypoint website on September 23rd and check out the notifications there.
More Modes, and an Expanded Experience
This Multiplayer Preview, as expected, will have even more game modes an overall better experience for the players than the July technical preview.
- Social Arena, which will be PvP focused and will have more objecting modes along with the usual Slayer.
- Big Team Battle, which will be a large-scale 12v12 game mode that will include vehicles and various objectives. This mode will be available from Sept. 30 to Oct. 3.
- Training Mode in the brand new Spartan Academy.
- More customization options.
- An expanded Battle Pass.
- Bot Arena, Player v Bots matches with objective modes.
Play Sessions and Schedule
In order to help 343 test out the servers, matchmaking will only be available for a set amount of time according to a schedule 343 has announced. In the blog, 343 promises that while this means less playtime for Insiders, this will be necessary in order to test the servers against possible concurrency issues.
The schedule is divided between two consecutive weekends:-
- Thursday, September 23 evening, the Halo Infinite Insider Preview build becomes available for download. Both Training Mode and Weapon Drills will be available immediately.
- Friday, September 24, Matchmaking will be available from 10 am-2 pm and from 5 pm-9 pm.
- Saturday, September 25, Matchmaking will be available from 10 am-2 pm and from 5 pm-9 pm.
- Sunday, September 26, Matchmaking will be available from 10 am-2 pm and from 5 pm-9 pm.
- Monday, September 27, Matchmaking will be available from 10 am-2 pm and from 5 pm-9 pm.
- Thursday, September 30 evening, the Halo Infinite Insider Preview build becomes available again with both Training Mode and Weapon Drills.
- Friday, October 1, Matchmaking will be available from 10 am-2 pm and from 5 pm-9 pm.
- Saturday, October 2, Matchmaking will be available from 10 am-2 pm and from 5 pm-9 pm.
- Sunday, October 3, Matchmaking will be available from 10 am-2 pm and from 5 pm-9 pm. A survey will also be sent out to a number of Halo Insiders.
- Monday, October 4, Flight access will end at 10 am PT.
- Wednesday, October 6, Halo Support site closes.
It is worth mentioning, outside of any of the play dates and during the play days, both Training Mode and Weapon Drills will be available. All customization options and the battle pass will also email online during the aforementioned specified days.
Halo Infinite officially launches with a paid campaign and free multiplayer on December 8, 2021, on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox Game Pass.