Killer Instinct has received a rather large patch, almost 700MB in size. The full list of update details can be seen over on the KI forums. The biggest addition to the free to play brawler is that there is a new free character; Sabrewulf. It should be noted though that Sabrewulf, seen above is not being made free alongside Jago, he’s replacing him. This means that Jago is no longer a free playable character. Here’s a brief summary of the rest of the patch notes;
- Players will now have access to play regardless of what USB port they plug a controller into.
- Sign-in changes via Kinect will no longer erase save-data
- Players will be able to disable toasts from the option menu (under display options)
- Character Select option added to the pause screen of local versus
- Command List corrected and updated
- Game will now pause when the controller for player 2 is removed
- Accessory menu screens updated and patched
- Added access to the MELD from the pause screen
- Replays library will be cleared since executable has been updated to a new version number
- Jago’s equipped accessories now display properly while in dojo mode.
- General fixes have been implemented to ensure the proper user-flow for people wanting to play exhibition matches with friends.
- RANK events (Rank-up/Rank-down), display notifications to both players prior to the start of the match.
- The rank point distribution method has been updated (see the tables, right.)
- There were several instances where SHADOW MOVES we’re un-breakable after performing an instinct.-mode cancel With the current fix, SHADOW MOVES will be fully intractable after an instinct-mode cancel.
- Players can now adjust block height during instinct mode activation.
- There were several instances where certain moves labeled as “ENDERS” where unbreakable.
Is any of this good enough to make you start playing KI? Let us know in the comments section.
- This article was updated on:March 7th, 2018