Minecraft Update 14 heading to PS3 and Xbox 360 soon
4J Studios announced today that the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the latest update for Minecraft have been passed along to Sony and Microsoft for certification. That means it won’t be long until the new features will patched into the game.
They’ve also released a full list of changes to expect on both platforms.
Now that the updates are in the hands of Sony and Microsoft, their release dates will rely on how long it takes the content to pass certification and make sure it’s ready to go live on the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. This could be days, but in some cases, it could take weeks.
Here’s what to expect from Title Update 14 for Minecraft.
Minecraft Patch 1.04 (TU14)
Changes & Additions
– Added new items
· Emerald Ore
· Block of Emerald
· Ender Chest
· Tripwire Hook
· Enchanted Golden Apple
· Flower Pot
· Cobblestone Walls
· Mossy Cobblestone Walls
· Wither Painting
· Baked Potato
· Poisonous Potato
· Golden Carrot
· Carrot on a Stick
· Pumpkin Pie
· Night Vision Potion
· Invisibility Potion
· Nether Quartz
· Nether Quartz Ore
· Block of Quartz
· Quartz Slab
· Quartz Stair
· Chiseled Quartz Block
· Pillar Quartz Block
· Enchanted Book
– Added new recipes for Smooth Sandstone and Chiseled Sandstone.
– Added new Mobs – Zombie Villagers.
– Added new terrain generation features – Desert Temples, Desert Villages, and Jungle Temples.
– Added Trading with villagers.
– Added Anvil interface.
– Added sideways log placement.
– Changed placement of half blocks and other blocks on half blocks.
– Changed placement of upside down stairs and slabs.
– Wooden Buttons and Wooden Pressure Plates can be activated with Arrows.
– Can dye leather armor.
– Can dye wolf collars.
– Can control riding a pig with a Carrot on a Stick.
– Added different villager professions.
– Villagers spawned from a spawn egg will have a random profession.
– Furnaces can use wooden tools as a fuel.
– Ice and Glass panes can be collected with silk touch enchanted tools.
– Nether mobs can spawn in the Overworld from Portals.
– Creepers and Spiders are aggressive towards the last player that hit them.
– Mobs in Creative mode become neutral again after a short period.
– Remove knockback when drowning.
– Doors being broken by zombies show damage.
– Ice melts in the Nether.
– Cauldrons fill up when out in the rain.
– Pistons take twice as long to update.
– Pig drops Saddle when killed (if has one).
– Sky color in The End changed.
– String can be placed (for Tripwires).
– Rain drips through leaves.
– Levers can be placed on the bottom of blocks.
– TNT does variable damage depending on difficulty setting.
– Book recipe changed.
– Boats break Lily Pads, instead of Lily Pads breaking Boats.
– Pigs drop more Porkchops.
– Slimes spawn less in Superflat worlds.
– Creeper damage variable based on difficulty setting, more knockback.
– Fixed Endermen not opening their jaws.
– Added new Host Options for flying, invisibility and invulnerability for remote players.
– Added teleporting of players (using the player menu in-game).
– Furnace will return an empty bucket when fuelled by a bucket of lava.
– Updated Bonus Chest content with more items.
– Added new tutorials to the Tutorial World for new items and features.
– Updated the positions of the Music Disc Chests in the Tutorial World.
– Added new languages – Danish, Finnish, Latin American Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish and Turkish
– Various network issue fixes.
Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 – Episode 5: Word of Passage Solution
Telltale games are often filled with puzzles, but it’s rare for them to be truly taxing on the mind. The…
Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 – Episode 5 Review
Minecraft: Story Mode has been a surprising series from Telltale. The game could have taken so many different story tracks,…
Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 – Episode 4 Review
Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 – Episode 4 takes players where they’ve always wanted to go, “Below the Bedrock”. This…
Minecraft Update Adds Stranger Things DLC
A new Minecraft update is out today across the many console variations of the hugely popular game. PS3, Xbox 360,…
Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 Episode 4 Takes you Below the Bedrock on Nov. 7th
Minecraft: Story Mode Season 2 continues on November 7th with Episode 4 – “Below the Bedrock”. This release date puts…