Master Chief very quickly became synonymous with the Xbox brand upon his debut back in 2001 with Halo: Combat Evolved and has only grown in popularity in the years since. Consisting of a powerful suit of armor, it would make sense that somebody would take advantage of some part of Master Chief’s design for other uses and that is exactly what the National Entertainment Collectibles Association has done.
According to IGN, the company teased a replica Master Chief helmet that would be able to be used as an actual motorcycle helmet last year. For those that have been waiting, they have officially revealed that you will be able to purchase this motorcycle helmet beginning in July.
For those worried, the helmet is approved by the Department of Transportation and is completely street legal. The official website for the product lists the following features as included:
- Convenient modular design
- ABS shell with matte UV-protective clear coat
- Front air intakes reduce shield fogging; rear exhaust vents keep head cool and dry
- Reflective shield with UV protection
- Double D-ring nylon chin strap with snap secure
- Game-authentic deco
- Contoured center pad with a design that allows heat to dissipate from the top of the scalp
- Dual-layer EPS cheek pads for a firm, comfortable fit
- Center pad and cheek pads are removable and washable
- Soft, moisture-wicking material
- Eyeglasses friendly interior
Look for this very neat product later this year when it is releases, likely in a somewhat limited capacity.