With online networks playing such an integral part on gaming consoles these days, they often are taken offline for maintenance. Hopefully in anticipation of the upcoming System Update 2.0, Sony has revealed that the PlayStation Network will be down next Monday.
Announced through the PlayStation EU website, Sony says that the scheduled downtime will be from 6:00 pm on Monday, October 13, to 1:00 am BST in the UK on Tuesday, October 14, for a total of seven hours. Converted to Eastern Daylight Time, that would be 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm on Monday, October 13.
This falls at a bad time for those that may be off of work or school that day, as it will be Columbus Day in the US and Thanksgiving in Canada on Monday. However, this does not mean you cannot play your games, but you will be unable to access the following:
- PlayStation Store on all devices.
- PlayStation Network Account Management.
- PlayStation Network Account Registration.
- Entertainment services.
- Online gameplay – however, you may still play online if you are already signed into your SEN account via the relevant device before the maintenance begins.
The posting on the website also makes a point to say that you can still collect offline trophies and they will later be synced as soon as the maintenance is over.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018