Rainbow Six: Siege is receiving its second major free update this week. The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC tactical team shooter will add Operation Dust Line to its arsenal on Wednesday, May 11 with some notable gameplay improvements, a new map and a pair of new operators.
Operation Dust Line introduces the new “Border” map set at a Middle East border checkpoint. It features “a mix of old and new construction with open air pathways – making it the most destructible and open map to date,” per a Ubisoft press release.
Here are the update times by platform:
- PS4 – 9 a.m. ET / 6 a.m. PT
- Xbox One – 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT
- PC – 11 a.m. ET / 8 a.m. PT
The new Rainbow Six: Siege map will be joined by two US Navy Seal Operators – Valkyrie and Blackbeard. The former is equipped with a sticky camera that she can deploy anywhere on a map to give her team a tactical advantage by seeing enemy movement. The latter can mount a Transparent Armored Rifle Shield on his weapon to serve as protection while assaulting enemy positions.
Both operators will follow the usual pattern of being exclusive to season pass holders for seven days. Non-season pass holders will then be able to unlock the operators using Renown or R6 Credits.
Ubisoft is dropping a number of tweaks and bug fixes to Rainbow Six: Siege with the Operation Dust Line update. Pump-action shotguns have had their range increased slightly and a deadzone issue with controller have been fixed. An overview of some of the features is below, but full details can be found on the game’s website.
- Loadout Customization between rounds: Players can now customize their Operator’s loadout between each round, by simply selecting an operator and going to their loadout to select weapon, attachments, charms and headgear. This will allow for additional tactical choices between rounds.
- Operator reworks:Q.’s unique gadget now has enhanced visual feedback, Montagne’s shield now adds side protection & Tachanka’s LMG is now easier to place and use. Additional Operator, weapons and secondary gadget tweaks have been made.
- Introduction of gadget placement cancellation controls: By turning this feature ON in the Options menu, players can now cancel the placement of a gadget at any time. This feature will not only be more comfortable for the players (can be more reactive), but will also allow for another layer of gameplay and tactics (by playing mind games with their enemies).
- Winner Team Showcase: After the final round, the winning team’s operators will be displayed to both the winning and losing teams, and an MVP for the match will be crowned for the ultimate bragging rights
[Update: Added launch times for DLC]
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018