Minecon has come and gone, and with it, the final release of Minecraft is finally upon us. The game which has seem numerous iterations over the years, from alpha to beta and now final version, has also seen an insane number of gamers log-on to check out what all the fuss was about.
At Minecon, the developers revealed these mind boggling numbers, and as you can imagine for a game that has as much buzz as Minecraft, they are quite large.
Since initial release, the Minecraft.net site has seen:
Minecraft by the Numbers
- 241,920,000 logins per month
- 1,000 logins per hour
- 4000 logins per second after 1.0 launch
- 2,000,000,000 files downloaded by the launcher
- 11,000 skin downloads per second
- This article was updated on:December 4th, 2017