WWE is set to create a new YouTube channel that will focus heavily on video games.
WWE has advertised for a “Production Assistant – Digital Games” which is located in Stanford, Connecticut. This person has to have passion for “producing and editing long and short form video game content for distribution on YouTube“.
WWE noted this is a new platform for them as they will now venture into the world of video games and gaming applications. It sounds like WWE wants to become popular on YouTube by covering the video game industry. This position doesn’t really specify about creating actual new video games. WWE’s video game development lies in the hands of 2K Games.
The requirements for this job are:
* Produce, edit, post-produce, and publish video content for WWE’s new video gaming channel
* Coordinate with Content Director on elements of production, from video capture and set-up, to publishing and editing
* Create compelling and new video content, easily digested by video game enthusiasts
* Maintain on-going library of video game content
* Strong video game knowledge across various platforms (ie: Xbox, PS4, 3DS, PC)
* Television internship strongly preferred
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Ability to conceptualize ideas in a creative, non-traditional way
* Experience using Grass Valley Aurora, Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop and/or Avid a plus
* Able to work long hours, nights, weekends, etc. as needed
* Capable of handling various responsibilities and multiple projects simultaneously
* Bachelor degree (Communications, TV/Film Production, or related field of study preferred)
- This article was updated on:April 21st, 2015