Microsoft has announced that the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner will launch across several European countries from today.
The countries of UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain can now use the Digital TV Tuner for their Xbox One consoles. The Digital TV Tuner is easy to install but is sold separately. It’s an adapter so that you can watch free-to-air HD TV through the Xbox One console.
Here’s what the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner can do:
- TV Listings in OneGuide: Navigate TV listings using the controller or with Kinect voice* to quickly navigate directly to that channel’s listings. Listings are available in both full screen and mini guide. OneGuide also enables users to favorite channels for a more personalized viewing experience.
- TV Viewing in Snap Mode: Simultaneous TV and gaming in Snap mode. Receive game invitations and notifications while watching TV. Alternatively, watch TV on the side with the main screen for games or other applications – great for filling in time while waiting for a multiplayer match!
- Pause, rewind and fast-forward Live TV: Pause your favorite show while you get up to take a break.
- OneGuide on SmartGlass: SmartGlass can stream TV over your home network straight to your tablet or phone*, enabling you to instantly access OneGuide listings and tune channels on your TV. This is ideal for settling living room arguments with simultaneous options – gaming on the main screen and TV viewing on your SmartGlass device.
- TV On Demand: TV listings in OneGuide will indicate which shows are available on demand from video apps.
The Microsoft Store is currently selling the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner for £24.99 or €29.99.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018