Treyarch announced the Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC recently, but have just offered the first gameplay for the soon-to-be-released DLC. The trailer below offers a look at four new multiplayer maps: Pod, Frost, Takeoff, and Dig with two of the four being inspired by previous maps in the Call of Duty series. And of course, one new zombies mode and map called Origins.
The map pack will be available in late August on Xbox Live. This is the final installment in the Black Ops 2 Season Pass. You can find the details of the new maps below, as well as a gameplay preview for Black Ops 2 Apocalypse.
Black Ops 2 Apocalypse Multiplayer Maps
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: Fans of “Stadium” from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on “Takeoff.” Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite “Courtyard” from Call of Duty®: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of “Courtyard” with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
In addition to the four maps, Apocalypse also reveals Origins, the most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes from the very first Zombies map, Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen, as well as hordes of zombies that have overrun trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of a mysterious and ancient location.
Black Ops 2 Apocalypse DLC Preview Trailer
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018