There is a band called Gentle Love, which is comprised of Metal Gear Solid composer Norihiko Hibino and PersonaQ musician AYAKI, who perform saxophone and piano for the band respectively. Over the past few years, the band has been working on their Prescription for Sleep series, in which the band makes jazzy, lullaby versions of video game music. Next week, on October 10, the latest entry in the Prescription for Sleep series, Fight for Your Dreams, will be released.
Fight for Your Dreams focuses specifically on normally upbeat battle music found in various video games and turns them into music you can fall asleep to. The album is currently available for pre-order for $10. The full track list is below.
- Veiled in Black (from Final Fantasy XV)
- Boss (from Mega Man 2)
- MEGALOVANIA (from Undertale)
- Battle with the Four Fiends (from Final Fantasy IV)
- People Imprisoned by Destiny (from Chrono Cross)
- Mini-Boss (from Yoshi’s Island)
- Autobot-Decepticon Battle (from Transformers: The Movie (1986))
- Beasts as Black as Night (from Ys III)
- Ornstein & Smough (from Dark Souls)
- Intolerance (from Raystorm)
- Mother Brain (from Super Metroid)
- In a Better Place (original composition)
The other albums in the Prescription for Sleep series include Game Music Lullabies volumes I and II, which contain lullaby versions of various songs with no particular theme from a number of games, including Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario 64, Shovel Knight and DuckTales, Lullabies of Mana, which transforms a number of songs from Secret of Mana into lullaby versions, A Tribute to the Departed, a 2-song EP dedicated to musician Eiki Oshimi and former president of Nintendo Satoru Iwata, and Prescription for Sleep: Undertale, featuring lullaby versions of songs from Undertale.