Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has some lofty goals according to Activision, who recently revealed the sequel to the world on May 1st. Shifting the title into the near future setting, has sparked considerable interest from the massive shooter community, and has generated “enormous” fan reaction to the announcement.
In their recent quarterly conference call, Activision announced that the game’s monthly active players are up substantially year over year, to 40 million. Call of Duty: Elite which launched with Modern Warfare 3 has 10 million registered users, with 2 million of those paying for the yearly subscription.
To say that the franchise still has momentum is an understatement. Activision is readying for the biggest launch in the franchise’s history “We believe it has the potential to be the best Call of Duty ever,” said Bobby Kotick on the conference call.
- Call of Duty: World at War II Might Be Shooting In 2015
- Activision confirms next Call of Duty for 2014, will it be Black Ops 3?
- E3 2015: Activision Talks Difficulty Of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trilogy Remaster Happening
- Black Ops III Beta Is Smoother On Xbox One Than PS4
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Apparently Blocks PS4 Share Play
- Battlefield 3 Dev Holds Longstanding Grudge Against Call of Duty
- Advanced Warfare DLC will stay exclusive to Xbox One, 360
- Destiny Beta PS4 vs PS3 Graphics Comparison Screenshots Show Differences
- Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack 1 Review
- Rumor: Call of Duty 2016 To Come With Xbox One Backwards Compatible MW1 And MW2