We’ve previously given you a look on the mechanics of how you’ll be customizing your cars in The Crew and that’s all well and good, but how much variation is there? How much customization?
Well, it appears Ubisoft has been inundated with such questions and have promptly released another trailer detailing all the different kinds of customization you will be able to perform on your cars in The Crew. There’s a lot of material to go through, so we will tackle it all one at a time.
First and foremost, there appear to be a few different default set-ups available for your cars:
- Street Spec – This will be a default, jack of all trades kind of set-up for your car, think everyday sports car.
- Performance Spec – This will be a set-up that maximizes power and speed at the expense of handling, think muscle car.
- Dirt Spec – This will be a set-up that is designed for off-roading and drifting, think rally car.
- Raid Spec – This will be a set-up that is “designed” for off-roading in the sense that you can just bash your way through a forest as opposed to driving on a dirt roads, think tank.
- Circuit Spec – This will be a set-up that is designed for racing on flat surfaces with speed and handling, be it racing circuits or long city streets, think race car.
It appears not all cars will have all specs available, for example, one would probably not expect a dirt variant of a Bugatti Veyron, but there should be enough variety to go around to keep things interesting.
In addition to the performance tweaks, there will also be many different kinds of aesthetic tweaks available such as spoilers, rims, decals and paintjobs, which are pretty par for the course when it comes to a modern racing games. Thus it would have been more surprising if they didn’t have a lot of options.
You will also be able to get perks that will range from marked improvements to your speed and handling, instant repairs for your car anywhere and a magical line on the ground that directs you to shortcuts and the idea driving line which will help you become more competitive in your races against other players.
The Crew is coming to Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on the 2nd of December. Ubisoft is currently taking registrations for PS4 and Xbox One beta for the game ahead of launch. You can register for it right here.
Are you looking forward to showing your personality through your cars in The Crew? Let us know in the comments below!