To think that Bethesda Game Studios isn’t cooking up something for the Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 would be stupid, but a recent job listing confirms the Maryland-based studio is hiring programmers for their next-generation games. The development house responsible for the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series is looking for experienced developers to work on “cutting-edge technology for an unannounced game on future-generation consoles.”
Does BGS have a new franchise brewing? Or are rumors of Fallout 4 coming to fruition? Then again, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was such a hit for the company that a sixth installment of the long-running RPG could be easy money as well.
The job listing is vague outside of what Bethesda Game Studios is looking for in a potential candidate for the position, so it’s hard to even make an educated guess about what comes next for the developers. You can find the full listing below:
Future Generation Console Programmer
Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Programming | Location: Rockville, US-MD, US
Bethesda Game Studios is looking for experienced programmers to work on cutting-edge technology for an unannounced game on future-generation consoles.
• At least 5 years of game development experience with multiple titles shipped
• Extensive experience programming and optimizing for the Xbox 360 and PS3
• Experience with DirectX 11 a plus
• Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
• Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
• Must create amazing things with minimal oversight
• Experience playing Bethesda Game Studios games a plus
Recent Fallout 4 Developments
Fallout 4 rumors have been flying around for a while now. Last year, sources at MIT revealed that BGS developers had been doing research in the area, signaling that Massachusetts would be a possible setting for the next game. More recently, a voice actor who had previously worked on Fallout 3, revealed that he would be working with Bethesda once again, though the project he’d be working on was unclear.
Meanwhile, in this generation. Bethesda is getting ready to launch its third expansion pack for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the PC and PS3. Two other Skyrim Expansions will arrive in the month of February on the PlayStation 3 as well.
- This article was updated on:February 21st, 2018