Final Fantasy XIV will introduce all-new game-changing updates to the Endwalker Summoner Job that will be introduced in the new Endwalker expansion pack.
The changes were announced during the “Live Letter from the Producer” with FFXIV director Naoki Yoshida, and community manager Toshio Murouchi. They highlighted all of the changes that are to be expected when the expansion pack drops later this year to every Job and class. Summoner has received some major changes as players will now be summoning actual Primals.
- All damage-over-time abilities have been removed.
- Players will still be able to summon Demi-Bahamut, after it unlocks three elemental jewels, players will be able to summon Demi-Pheonix which will recharge the jewels again.
- The summoning duration for both Bahamut and Phoenix will be reduced to 15 seconds.
- New summoned Primal characters including Ifrit Ruby, Titan Topaz, and Garuda Emerald. All of them will now be summoned in their real forms and no longer just Egis.
- Ifrit Ruby will have a rush action and a long-cast ability.
- Titan Topaz will have instant fast-cast abilities.
- Garuda Emerald will have several placement abilities.
- Resurrection will still be available, even after discussions for removing it.
Be sure to check out our coverage of the new changes to Endwalker DPS jobs, Endwalker Tank Job, and Endwalker Healer jobs. It is worth mentioning that these changes and tweaks, even though are official, are still subject to be further changed ahead of the Endwalker expansion pack launch.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker will be released on November 23, 2021 for PS4, PS5, and PC.