The fourth update patch for NBA 2K16 will be releasing later this week as announced by 2K Sports.
Community Manager for NBA 2K, Chris Manning, posted on his own Twitter page a few more details on the upcoming patch. Notes should be provided when it’s officially out, but Manning addressed some of the areas they are working on.
He tweeted: “Patch 4 will address couch co-op bug & other game-play tweaks based off of user feedback (lobs/TOs). Full notes w/ patch. Keep you updated.”
Since 2K Sports mentioned NBA 2K16’s update patch will come in three day’s time, it’s possible it will arrive on Friday. The PS4 will get the update patch first. After that, the PC and Xbox One platforms will follow shortly after.
We’ll let you guys know when the patch drops and will also provide you with all the notes that come with it as well. NBA 2K16 has not been as glitchy as other games, but there are areas that need improving.
Update: Patch notes have been released via Facebook
- Addressed a hang that can occur when editing/applying tattoos in Edit Player.
- Resolved a bug where one or more users in a co-op game would lose control of their player at some point during the game.
- Fixed a disconnect issue that some users were seeing during online games.
- (PC) Fixed a corruption issue where some users were experiencing hangs, missing art assets, and infinite loads. Please ensure that your virus scanning software (e.g. Avast) whitelists your Steam folder/directory. This is required for new content to properly download and install.
- Closed a loophole where the pause timer would stop counting down when sitting in the ‘Report Image’ flow.
- Improved the user interface when applying contracts to players in MyTEAM by removing the display of how many contracts the player would have IF the current card was applied.
- Fixed a case where the user accepting an online invite would sometimes skip the position selection screen in the way into matchmaking.
- Headwear should now properly unequip when attempting to do so from within the MyPARK Apparel section of the store.
- The player portrait will now update when a new user is signed in on the main menu via the account picker.
- A number of other optimizations and enhancements have been made to improve the user experience.
- Teammate free throw celebration/interaction behaviors have been corrected.
- Slightly tuned down the frequency of ball collisions.
- Fixed an issue that led to a temporary loss of user control on possession changes while in the 2K Cam.
- Tuned down the frequency of missed alley-oop and putback dunks when open.
- Fixed an issue that allowed high rated post players to shoot post fadeaway 3’s at a high percentage.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game would hang when Doris Burke interviews your MyPLAYER at the end of the first half and/or at the end of the game.
- The correct records and rep levels will now be shown for the players on the MyPARK loading screen.
- Corrected the wall and floor art for the San Antonio Spurs theme in MyCOURT.
- Fixed a case where some purchased shoes were not properly appearing on the shoe racks in MyCOURT.
- Resolved a hang that could occur many, many years into MyGM when entering the offseason.
- Generated players will now wear the correct color socks for away games.
- Fixed an issue where generated players were getting their free throw animations randomized every offseason.
- The Strengths/Weaknesses screen in Team Comparison should now be functioning properly once again.