There are multiple types of Prestige in Call of Duty WW2. You can prestige your character, you can prestige your division, you can also prestige your weapons. This guide will show you how to Prestige your weapons and what happens when you do.
First off, you can prestige your weapon at any time that it’s eligible from the soldier screen where you select your loadouts. If you’re in Headquarters you can go to the Gunsmith to prestige your weapon as well. Here, it’ll tell you about the features that become available once you decide to prestige your weapon.
Prestige for weapons earns you the ability to place a kill counter on the gun, or put your clan tag on your weapon. If a weapon is ready to be prestige, the game will prompt you to do so. If not, there will be lock on the weapon when trying to prestige from the Headquarters Gunsmith.
At launch, the Gunsmith does not have the Paint Job functionality enabled. Though it does say that it is “Coming Soon.”
To put your Clan tag or Kill Count on your weapon, select the weapon and then press (Triangle for PS4 | Y for Xbox One) and select Prestige Options. After the first round of Prestige you can enter your Clan tag on the gun. In order to put your Kill Count on a weapon you’ll need to prestige it a second time.
- Call of Duty WW2 Will Replace Create-a-Class System & Other Multiplayer Details
- Call of Duty: WW2 Map Packs Appear To Be A PS4 Timed Exclusive
- Call of Duty WW2 Guide: Campaign Tips
- Call of Duty WW2 Guide: How to Unlock All Epic Uniform and Weapon Collections
- Here’s What’s Changing in Call of Duty WWII Beta Weekend 2