The PlayStation 4 has been around for over two years now, which has sparked Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu to publish the top 20 best-selling video games in the console’s lifetime so far. The list has some of the games that many of you would expect to see on a list like this, though there are some surprises in there, as well. Scroll down for the complete list.
Top 20 best-selling PlayStation 4 video games in Japan:
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – 425,971
- Knack – 400,888
- Dragon Quest Heroes – 327,019
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – 310,238
- Bloodborne – 209,985
- Fallout 4 – 206,712
- Grand Theft Auto V – 196,795
- Star Wars: Battlefront – 187,434
- Dragon Quest Builders – 170,168
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes – 155,598
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 149,337
- Yakuza 0 – 146,510
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD – 140,048
- Yakuza Ishin! – 134,010
- Yakuza Kiwami – 131,205
- Destiny – 125,900
- Battlefield 4 – 113,928
- Battlefield Hardline – 113,061
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – 102,716
- Watch_Dogs – 99,323
While it’s not surprising to see Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain sitting at the top of the list, did any think Knack would come in at number two? Apparently the game was bundled with PlayStation 4s at one point, so I guess that explains it. The Yakuza series also has multiple entries on this list due to the huge popularity of the series in Japan, which the series unfortunately doesn’t enjoy in the US.
Famitsu also shared the total PlayStation 4 sales so far, which are 2,356,098 according to them. The console is definitely doing well in Japan, as well as everywhere else in the world where it is available. Plus, with huge games like Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End looming on the horizon these sales will be getting a definite boost very soon.