We already knew that Minecon 2015, the gaming convention dedicated to all things Minecraft, will take place July 4th and 5th in London. Now we know exactly when fans will be able to get the highly coveted tickets, which will beon sale through Mojang’s website on March 27th and 28th. Tickets for Minecon typically sell out extremely fast, with the last event in Orlando resulting in tickets going for well above the normal price through resellers. If you are interested in attending the Minecraft-themed event then you’ll want to keep reading for all of the details.
- Tickets will be £129 each
- Tickets will only be sold at minecon.mojang.com, and they will be sold through Eventbrite
- 5,000 tickets will go on sale at 6pm GMT (that’s London time) on Friday, March 27, 2015
- 5,000 additional tickets will go on sale at 12pm noon GMT on Saturday, March 28, 2015
- You will be able to purchase up to 6 tickets on one order
- You will need the name of EACH person you are buying a ticket for at the time you purchase tickets, you’ll need to enter these details to complete your order.
- Tickets cannot be resold and are non-transferrable, the person whose name is on the ticket at the time of purchase is the person who will be admitted to MINECON
- When you book your ticket you will also be able to book a hotel afterwards, we have hotel rooms blocked off and you will get our discounted rates
- Any child aged 3 and under will be admitted for free. Children aged 14 or under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and both the child and adult need to purchase a ticket. Young people 15 years and over are allowed to attend the event alone as long as they have a ticket.
There was no Minecon last year, most likely due to the chaos caused by the eventual Microsoft acquisition of Mojang and Minecraft. This year’s convention should be extra interesting as it has the backing of Microsoft and could feature a lot of information regarding the future of the franchise.