The Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Black Market was updated Tuesday with a new set of items. However, Activision and Treyarch will have to deal with backlash from the community over five weapons being added as supply drops.
The Black Market update added the following two new guns, a crossbow, and two melee weapons for Black Ops 3 players who spend either Cryptokeys or real-world money via COD Point on Supply Drops.
- MX Garand (Assault Rifle) — This classic remake is a powerful semi-automatic assault rifle that is devastating at a distance, putting targets down with two shots.
- Marshal 16 Shotgun-Pistol — When you need to clear a room in a hurry, this hand-cannon combines the massive firepower of a double-barrel shotgun with the mobility of a pistol.
- NX Shadow Claw Crossbow — This silent, mid-range weapon delivers lethal stealth projectile bolts that can be retrieved after firing.
- Iron Jim – Lethal brute force melee weapon takes out enemies with a single blunt strike.
- Fury’s Song – This legendary sword takes the full-life of the enemy with each broad slash.
Since the supply drops are random, there is no guarantee players will receive any of these weapons. This has upset the Black Ops 3 community with one long thread started in the game’s Reddit group as well as a growing NeoGAF thread.
The common theme among the complaints is that Activision is asking players to either grind hundreds of hours through the game to earn Cryptokeys or spend real cash on COD Points to purchase the supply drops and still not receive any of the weapons. Reddit user wedert12 even claims he spent 500 Cryptokeys today in an attempt to get the new weapons to no avail.
The good news is nobody is claiming these weapons are over-powered in Black Ops 3 at this point. That could change in the future, but this kind of RNG luck of the draw which is dependent on the player grinding or spending money is hard to swallow for some when the game already has paid DLC and a Season Pass.
[Image via Call of Duty]
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018