Another title update for Bethesda’s new DOOM game is coming later this month, and it will be bringing a brand new mode. It’s called Photo Mode and allows you to take in-game screenshots, which will be great for showing off some of your latest greatest kills.
While Bethesda will be releasing the patch notes for this update later in the month, you can find a list of improvements below:
- Added Photo Mode for taking in-game screenshots
- Added Classic DOOM weapon placement/view model option (1st person view option)
- Added new Snapmap features (including skybox windows) and AI pathing and logic fixes.
- Fixed various bugs including players accidentally triggering Dev Mode and Trophy/Achievement bugs (IDKFA, Every Nook and Cranny).
DOOM will also be getting a multiplayer improvement update today, which includes “rebalancing of some multiplayer weapons based on your feedback: the Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, and Combat Shotgun. This update will also reduce the wait time between matches to 60 seconds. Last but not least, Clan Arena and Freeze Tag will now require the winning team to complete 5 rounds in order to win the match.”
“The multiplayer improvement update will begin today at 10:30 ET —this is a server-side update, and will not require a download, though it will require a server outage, which we anticipate will be about an hour.”
More information on the next big update will be coming soon, so be sure to stay tuned for that. DOOM is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
- This article was updated on:February 21st, 2018