Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire is going to have a special demo version available for free prior to release. The demo will feature a few exclusive scenarios set in the game’s Hoenn region, which will include Pokemon mega evolving and more. We already showed you one way to obtain a demo code, but Nintendo has revealed a few more ways for players to test out the upcoming game. Take a look at the full list below to find out the many ways you can obtain a code:
- Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13 (while supplies last).
- Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways (while supplies last).
- Get a code with your purchase of the new Pokémon Art Academy game (out Oct. 24) when you buy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
- You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You’ll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt (download codes available while supplies last).
- Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
- Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24‒Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations.
These are on top of the previously mentioned method, which involved signing up for a Pokemon Trainer Club account. And remember, items earned while playing the Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire demo can be carried over into the main game, so it is worth playing just to get that little head start.
Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will be available exclusively for Nintendo 2DS and 3DS on November 21st.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018