Steamforged Games has successfuly finished the crowdfunding campaign for its Resident Evil 2: The Board Game project. Not only that, but the company and the more than 6,500 fans have managed to smash their initial £150,000 goal by raising £800,561, which is over $1 million, through Kickstarter. That means, backers have been able to unlock all stretch goals of the campaign, which grants the game to be released with a wide variety of additional figures like zombies, lickers, ivy, and even extra characters like Sherry Birkin, Annette Birkin, Brian Irons, William Birkin in all his stages, and even Brad Vickers, among others.
The company defines Resident Evil 2: The Board Game as a co-operative survival horror game for 1-4 players. With each character having specific abilities and goals, the players need to cooperate in order to escape the bio-horror of Racoon City. With enough different characters and situations to fill more than 20 hours of gameplay, it is not hard to see why fans of the game have put its trust on Steamforged to deliver on their promise.
While Steamforge will also deliver a version for retailers, if you missed the campaign you can still make a late pledge on the company’s website and get the game at a lower price and the Kickstarter exclusive extras like alternative figures of Leon, Claire, Ada and Kendo, as well as additional versions of zombies.
The Survivor Pledge costs $100, and it includes:
- Resident Evil 2: The Board Game
- The B-Files Expansion Set
- Kickstarter Exclusive Leon Alt. Model
- All Unlocked Stretch Goals
Resident Evil 2: The Board Game launches on September 2018.
- Resident Evil: Raccoon City Details Captivate
- PlayStation Plus vs. Xbox Live Games with Gold for October 2016
- Resident Evil HD Remaster vs Gamecube REmake Graphics Comparison Video
- Here’s How Much Space You’ll Need For Resident Evil Revelations 2
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Launching in March 2012