Need a good reason to jump into the world of StarCraft 2? Well Blizzard just revealed an easy way to get into the game with the Starcraft 2 Starter Edition. The starter edition is essentially a demo with no time limit, and it will allow you to experience most of what StarCraft 2 has to offer..for free. All you’ll need to grab the starter edition is a Battle.net account and the ability to download the game client. The demo will allow you to play four of the single player missions, two challenge maps, and four of the skirmish maps.
- The first four missions of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty single-player campaign.
- The first two Challenges: Tactical Command and Covert Ops.
- Access to the terran race in Custom Games and Single-Player vs. AI.
- Access to custom maps that may rotate over time
While you won’t get the full on multiplayer experience that StarCraft 2 offers with the free demo, its probably for the better that you get your game right against the computer controlled AI. They’ll provide you a decent challenge and afford you the ability to lose with dignity. For a taste of what the game has to offer, head on over to Battle.net to download your free trial.
- This article was updated on:February 20th, 2018