Kid Icarus is one of Nintendo’s oldest running franchises dating back to the days of the Nintendo Entertainment System, and in 2012, Pit will return to the small screen of the 3DS. The dark goddess Medusa and her Underworld Army have returned to do battle with Pit in the air and in the sky.
Earlier this morning, Nintendo confirmed that Kid Icarus: Uprising would be headed out in North America on March 23rd, 2012.
Latest Kid Icarus: Uprising Details
- Each Chapter delivers nonstop action and is broken up
into two sections: Air Battle and Land Battle. In Air Battle the action unfolds like a dynamic guided shooter. When Pit is facing enemies in Land Battle, the game play handles more like a third-person shooter.
- Collect different weapons and learn the unique characteristics of each weapon type as you determine which weapon is best suited for each battle.
- Experience an innovative take on multiplayer battles in Light vs. Dark, as two teams battle on land whittling away at the other team’s health meter each time a team member is defeated. The team battle then changes to a man-hunt once one team’s meter is emptied. The opposing team must target the other team’s lone angel to win the match.
- The game includes AR Card compatibility. Using the built-in 3D camera on the Nintendo 3DS system, the game recognizes countless specially designed AR Cards, with animated game characters popping up in 3D on the game screen and even battling each other when two cards face off.
- The game’s simple, intuitive play control has players hold the system in their left hand, while the right hand uses the stylus on the touch screen for targeting. The controls are simple enough to be grasped quickly, but offer layers of depth and strategy for advanced maneuvers.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018