In Rainbow 6: Patriots, the Rainbow Team will face a new threat known as the “True Patriots”. Led by a man named “Treadway”, the True Patriots are capitalizing on the anger and frustration of the American people against corruption at the highest levels of the government.
In Rainbow 6: Patriots, Ubisoft explores an ultra-realistic what-if scenario inspired by real events and characters. Facing an organized militia of “home-grown insurgents”, the Rainbox 6 squad will be forced to make difficult decisions that are needed to stop the enemy attacks. The cover system from previous games is said to have been expanded upon, and “pushed to the next level”.
The trailer below doesn’t feature any new gameplay for the shooter, but expands on the premise that Ubisoft has recently revealed.
New Rainbow 6: Patriots Features:
- Unprecedented Narrative – Patriots’ storyline explores an ultra-realistic what-if scenario inspired by real events and characters. The game will allow players to experience events from multiple perspectives creating an unprecedented level of immersion.
- A New Threat For A New Team – Terrorism has evolved and Team Rainbow must face an organized militia of home-grown insurgents. As the leader of a new squad, players will wrestle with difficult ethical decisions and determine if the doing-whatever-it-takes mentality is needed to stop the enemy.
- Enhanced Squad Management – At the press of a button, the Rainbow squad will perform the most efficient and deadly tactic given the context of the situation. When extreme measures are required, or when players call for it, you can take full control of your squad to plan the perfect assault.
- Evolved Combat – The game’s combat techniques have been pushed to the next level with cover and weapon systems redesigned to accommodate every combat situation. New Rappel and Breach mechanics are now enriched with multiple new techniques including Wall & Ceiling Breach, Fast Rope Rappel, inverted ‘Aussie Style Rappel’, Infiltrate & Subdue, to name a few.
- Intense Multiplayer Experience – Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game’s new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Once such feature found in the pre-game online lobby is the Sandtable, a holographic display that helps acquaint players with the level maps before they jump into the action. This will help players strategically coordinate attacks and add a new dimension to squad tactics.
- Surprise and Overpower Enemies– Utilize the game’s new Scan mode to strategically breach and infiltrate areas. This new tool will provide a thermal read on the situation, allowing you to determine the squad’s best course to overwhelm and defeat enemies.
- This article was updated on:March 8th, 2018