The year 2017 has just started and already the folks over at Blizzard are already firing on all cylinders, and today the long awaited Anniversary patch for Diablo 3 is finally available to download for consoles with the PC receiving it very soon.
For those out of the loop as to what exactly the latest patch for Diablo 3 contains, it’ll take Diablo players back down memory lane where they can relive the events of the first installment of Blizzard’s popular dungeon crawler thanks to the “Darkening Of Tristam” event. Which includes a pretty neat Retrovision feature where the assets including your character are pixelated. To participate in the event all you need to simply do is fast traveling to Old Tristam on the map and entering a portal that’s near the fountain.
Though it should be noted this event is not permanent, as once the month of January concludes so will this special in-game event.
Aside from the new in-game event for Diablo 3, there’s other new goodies and quality of life issues added to the game as well. Including a few class specific items now receiving new legendary powers:
New Legendary Powers
- Saffron Wrap: The damage of your next Overpower is increased by 42% for each enemy hit. Max 20 enemies.
- Faithful Memory: Each enemy hit by Falling Sword increases the damage of Blessed Hammer by 57% for 10 seconds. Max 10 stacks.
- Hellcat Waistguard: Grenades have a chance to bounce 4 times dealing an additional 50% damage on each bounce. This bonus is increased to 800% on the final bounce.
- Rabid Strike: Spirit spenders that teleport you while Epiphany is active are also mimicked on a nearby target for free.
- The Barber: Instead of dealing direct damage, your Spirit Barrage now accumulates on the target. When you stop casting it explodes dealing the accumulated damage to all enemies within 15 yards.
- Manald Heal: Enemies stunned with Paralysis also take 13,899% weapon damage as Lighting.
Now for those who love to make their character stand out a bit from the crowd with dyes and such, it’ll now be easier to do so. As now Myriam will now have a new dye tab where you can re-color your armor.
For those who are interested to learn more about the anniversary event can do so by viewing the video below where some of the developers give insight about the event:
- Xbox One ‘Will Always be Behind the PS4…Because it isn’t as Powerful’ says DICE Dev
- Xbox One – eSRAM Preventing 1080p Games
- Xbox One to deliver twice the performance with DirectX 12 update
- Xbox One Update For Preview Members Improves Backwards Compatibility
- Xbox One predicted to have made up ground on PS4 in August sales, Wii U sales jump